New Jersey based manufacturing company is in need of a Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible for assisting the COO and Plant Manager in the continuation to scale the manufacturing capabilities of the company.
- Manage inventory levels of materials to both avoid disruptions to production as well as minimize the excess inventory on site
- Identify new primary and/or secondary suppliers of critical raw materials that meet/exceed quality specs
- Build robust forecasting model by leveraging historical sales data and input from the sales and marketing team on distribution gains/losses.
- Plan production to ensure timely fulfillment of orders, strong inventory management, and optimal production runs
- Act as project manager for new product development process.
- Work with co-packing facilities to manage production orders, delivery of materials (if applicable), and coordination of deliveries
- Drive cost out of the supply chain through vendor selection, vendor negotiations, and identification of substitute materials.
- Work with plant manager to optimize plant capacity and plan for future capacity expansions.
- Research, recommend, and implement improvements and changes to materials management systems
- Create supplier performance management system to track and provide feedback on supplier issues
- Determine KPIs for Supply Chain function and report on a monthly basis with performance improvement plan
- Minimum 3-5 years of supply chain management experience in Food/Bev, preferably 5+
- Successful track-record of contract negotiations and sourcing
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in analytical major
- Excellent analytical skills as well as ability to work well with other departments
- Strong Excel skills
- Bonus points for experience implementing best-in-class supply chain principles