The Sanitation Supervisor provides strong leadership to the Sanitation team to achieve full plant compliance with all personnel safety, food safety, sanitation/cleaning requirements pertaining to all federal, state and customer requirements and the Company’s own food safety and manufacturing standards. They must meet or exceed guidelines as they pertain to the facility, equipment and industry standards for sanitation and SQF.
- Leads the sanitation team in safe working practices including chemical handling, PPE and OSHA requirements.
- Understands the manufacturing process and equipment/parts design in order to ensure proper equipment sanitation and efficient startups.
- Responsible for efficiently supporting a variety of operational facilities in their sanitation and cleaning needs
- Assists in the development, organization and participation of staff in departmental training programs; provides on-going supervision and coaching to improve operations with positive reinforcement and goals.
- Maintains records and daily logs. Prepares periodic activity and reports for review.
- Periodically inventories supplies and requisitions and distributes supplies and equipment; places orders as required. Maintains records of supplies used.
- Daily inspects and evaluates cleanliness and physical condition of facilities, and submits reports to Director of Operations & Maintenance Department
- Daily ensures supply rooms are stocked and maintained in a neat & orderly manner.
- Ensures all safety procedures are followed.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 2 – 4 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively.
- Reading and comprehension abilities for proper use of chemicals
- Must be able to follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines when using and storing chemicals.
- As needed, must be able to work all shifts, weekends.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and methods of training and instruction.
- General knowledge of all cleaning equipment operation. Excellent knowledge of Production machines.
- Ability to work in a Team environment in a positive manner of respect, cooperation & flexibility.
- Proactive and self-starting, working in a culture of goal-setting with continuous improvement focus and training and mentoring of team members.