The sanitation manager will be responsible for creating detailed SOPs and training employees, engaged in sanitation duties, to perform sanitation duties correctly. They will also assist the QA department in trouble shooting line sanitation issues and complaint investigation.
- Ensure sanitation complies with all company and governmental health regulations
- Create and follow detailed SOP for sanitation
- Effectively utilize labor and other resources to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for ensuring all sanitation is performed efficiently and effectively
- Trains staff on proper procedures for sanitizing production equipment and use of new chemicals
- Work with QA and chemical representatives to trouble shoot line sanitation issues
- Foster a safe working environment, ensuring that safety is a top priority for you and your team and that safety rules and procedures are followed
- Ensure all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP's) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are being followed and adhered to
- Ensure sanitation duties are being completed to satisfaction and paperwork is being completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Conducts inspections (GMP, Safety, and Food Safety) and validation verification using scientific methods for analysis.
- Partner with Quality to implement new regulation and compliance measures
- Perform work tasks on the floor as needed
- Previous experience in SQF procedures required
- 3 to 5 years of sanitation experience
- Oversee and provide audit responsibility to outside sanitation services
- Knowledge in HACCP, GMP and USDA regulations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good conflict management and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Ability to create, understand and apply detailed standard operating procedures.
- Effectively able to plan and prioritize work
- College degree preferred
- Bi- lingual in English and Spanish preferred