Fast growing and stable Food Supply Company in immediate need for a Food Quality Assurance Assistant. This position requires the candidate to be well-versed in Food Quality Assurance to report directly to the manager of the department as well as overseeing Quality Assurance Technicians on the floor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and training of plant’s policies and procedures relating to Food Safety and Food Quality
- Issue corrective/preventive action requests for all finished product quality non-conformities, follow up to ensure completion of requests and challenge corrective/preventative actions to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of products manufactures and inspecting process control points
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all quality systems and programs and provide technical support for manufacturing personnel to ensure a high degree of compliance with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for actively participating in third party, customer and government agency audit/ inspections.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements