We are looking for a skilled HR manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. You will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives.
The goal is to promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, and facilities management services.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), including PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning