We are looking for an HR assistant to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. Your role is to act as the liaison between HR managers and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will also support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
An ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position holds an academic HR background. Familiarity with our industry is also an advantage. For this role, you should be able to work autonomously and assist in more complex HR duties, like posting job ads, coordinating interviews and contacting candidates. Following our training sessions, you will also be able to assist HR managers in the life cycle recruitment (e.g. on boarding process for new hires and candidate sourcing.)
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our HR department is organized and operates to attract, hire and maintain our employees.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
- Eager to learn and assist all team members when needed
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- HR applicants require a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, administrative services or a related field, or extensive prior experience in human resources; or as an assistant, administrator, or in a clerical position
- Knowledge of employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices